The License Agreement with FSL Bomber Baseball, LLC, the Purchase and Sale Agreement with Ocala Trophy Ltd., and the Interlocal Agreement, Lease, and Quit Claim Deed with Marion County for Stadium Premises Ownership.
Authorize transmittal of all documents with the exception of the Interlocal Agreement, Lease Agreement and Quick Claim Deed to Marion County requesting:
1. Marion County agrees to place the Stadium project on the ballot for sales tax referendum (1/2 cent local option sales tax for five years) no later than March 31, 2014. 2. Marion County agrees to own the Stadium premises by December 31, 2013. 3. Marion County agrees to fund one-half the referendum cost, not to exceed $175,000. 4. Marion County agrees to include SW 49th Avenue as part of the Stadium project managed by the City. 5. Marion County agrees to dedicate up to $60 million in local option sales tax revenue to the Stadium project, $1.6 million (per statute) to each municipality, and establish a citizen oversight committee to ensure remaining tax proceeds are spent on projects that will increase sustainable tourism opportunities, and create jobs.
- Springs protection, restoration and enhancement
- Expanded recreation activities
- Improved access to equestrian activities and locations
- Infrastructure supporting new or expanding businesses
|Department:||Revitalization Strategies Department||Sponsors:|
|Category:||Agreement/Contract||Projects:||Economic Hub, Quality of Place|
|MOVER:||Daniel Owen, Council Member|
|SECONDER:||John McLeod, Council Member|
|AYES:||John McLeod, Suzy Heinbockel, Jay A. Musleh, Daniel Owen, Mary Sue Rich|